KOREA ANALYSIS FELLOWSHIP (KRF) FOR FOREIGNER POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTISTS
Azi in istorie
This capital has closed
Save to favorites
Please login to utilize this functionality.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OF KOREA ANALYSIS FELLOWSHIP (KRF) 2019 FOR FOREIGNER POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS.
We. Launching KRF System
1. Program Objective
Korea Research Fellowship (KRF) invites outstanding postdoctoral researchers to experience a performance that is excellent their initial phases of the expert professions. This program provides high-potential young researchers that are&overseas a possibility to undertake imaginative and appearing fields of tasks, and supports them to develop as research leaders of the next day
2. Program Details
2-1. Eligibility of KRF prospects:
International post-doc researchers from all countries having diplomatic relations with Korea who possess acquired their degree that is doctoral within previous 5 years beginning with the date of formal statement.
There’s two forms of KRF aids, based on in which the foreigner postdoc that is national are living as follow:
(Type 1) internationwide nationwide or *Korean national postdoc scientists currently residing offshore that have actually received their doctoral level inside the previous 5 years ( as of the date of formal statement)
*Korean nationals – restricted to those that fit in with foreign affiliates
(Type 2) Foreign national postdoc researchers presently moving into Korea which have gotten their degree that is doctoral within past 5 years ( as of the date of official announcement
2-2. Skills of Host organizations and Host scientists:
Host organizations: Government-supported research institutes, nationwide and general general public research institutes, universities and university-affiliated research institutes, business research institutes* (affiliated research institutes registered with the Korea Industrial tech Association)
* Corporate research institutes are the ones founded as SMEs and endeavor companies under Article 14 (1) associated with preliminary research marketing and tech developing help Act and Article 16 (1) for the Enforcement Decree of the identical Act
Host scientists: Full-time workers for the particular host organizations that have the rank of at the very least assistant teacher, senior researcher, or chair of an investigation institute (business research institute) and fulfill the following demands:
people who have actually fully guaranteed work for the programвЂ™s period (5 years) and they are in a position to focus on doing the appropriate task.
вЂ» This KRF program will likely be excluded through the tasks at the mercy of the limitations (how many R&D projects that may be simultaneously carried out by way of a researcher shall perhaps perhaps not surpass five, among that the number of R&D projects that may be simultaneously carried out as being a principal detective shall not meet or exceed three) known in Article 32 associated with the Regulations on Management, etc. of nationwide analysis and Development Projects.
2-3. Areas of Research: All areas in technology and technology
2-4. Duration of Fellowship: 3
five years with yearly assessment.
2-5. Anticipating formal statement date of KRF 2019:
*First Batch: February 2019 batch that is*Second May 2019
(susceptible to alter)
2-6. Amount of Funding:
- (Type 1) Up to KRW 70 million (
US$ 62,000) per year (personnel expenses, cost of living, etc. for KRF other).
- (Type 2) Around KRW 40 million (
US$ 35,000) per annum (workers charges for KRF fellow)
вЂ» Note: for Type 2, matching funds for workers costs by host (including PIвЂ™s jobs) are mandatory. KRW 40 million counts for 80per cent associated with the postdoc scientistsвЂ™ individual expenses, and PI will take care of the others of 20%.
* please be aware that KRF applicants must have acquired their real degree that is doctoral or diploma ahead of the date of formal statement of KRF 2019. As a guideline, provisional certificates aren’t accepted. Proof act as a fellow that is postdoctoral publishing the content of real level certification isn’t accepted.
* just formal certifications saying the amount conferral date granted by the degree awarded college may be provided. Certificates maybe perhaps not showing a degree conferral date or provisional certificates aren’t acceptable.
2-8. How exactly to use
KRF applications are submitted because of the inviting researchers (Host researchers) by uploading necessary documentations through the NRF website (ernd.kr that is.nrf.re because of the due date of each and every batch.
KRF candidates wanting to be involved in this system are encouraged to establish experience of a Korean or international host researcher inside their industry in Korea and to request him/her to sign up.
KRF prospects are immensely important in order to make this contact well prior to the host institutionвЂ™s application deadline.
II. Analysis Host Matching Provider for KRF Candidates
A startup specialized in linking KRF applicants and hosts
1. What’s the extensive research Host Matching Provider?
This solution is initiated by KRF help group of NRF to be able to help interested outstanding post-doc international researchers who’re qualified to receive Type 1 conditions and not secured hosts in Korea to try to get the KRF system. (This solution aren’t readily available for Type 2 applicants.)
1. Trying to get вЂњResearch Host Matching serviceвЂќ
2. Assessment and Launching to Korean hosts
(Nationwide Foundation Analysis of Korea(NRF))
3. Apply for KRF program (Principal Investigator/KRF prospects)
- evidence of level with
form1- introduction of KRF prospect
- Screening the eligibility of KRF prospects (need if required)
- Introducing applications into the hosts that are anticipate Korea
- Further conversation regarding research plan between host the KRF prospect
- make an application for KRF system
3. How exactly to use
3-1. What things to submit
Form 1 Introduction of KRF prospect with a evidence of Ph. D. level.
3-2. Deadline of introduction applications:
9 AM Dec. 3rd (Mon.) 2018, Korea Time (GMT+9)
3-3. Where you can submit
вЂ» Introduction Applications must certanly be submitted to KRF help group via e-mail.
3-4. Other information
Additional papers and information might have to offer the application if required
3-5. Procedures in details
1) assessment eligibility in line with the applications
2) Submitted introduction applications is likely to be introduced into the potential host organizations in Korea
3) Host will contact their candidates that are interested.
4) an decision that is official designed to host the prospect to be able to submit an application for KRF system after confirmation making use of their particular host organization in addition to KRF prospect.
*Please be aware that NRF just presents specific applications to the organizations and it is by no means an assurance to secure your host along with being chosen as being a KRF other.
If you haven’t been contacted by any host organizations after publishing the program, please keep investigating all on your own to locate host organizations in Korea and submit the KRF application during your host to be able to meet up with the deadline that is round.
4. Email Address
National Analysis Foundation of Korea (NRF)